About the course
Through an intense, hands-on week long course, ISRIA’s international and regional Schools aim to:
- empower participants to assess, measure and optimise research impact
- share the breadth of existing frameworks, tools, approaches and knowledge about research impact assessments
- increase collaborative capacity, networks and team building among a generation
of research & development decision-makers.
Participants should come away with confidence about how to plan, implement, and manage a research impact assessment, as well as how to communicate the results to intended audiences and measure and optimize the returns of research investments.
View an example Programme
The School is aimed at people working in programme management, evaluation, knowledge translation, and policy and decision-making in areas such as:
- research and development for government
- research funding organisations
- health industry.
What is unique about the School?
- Broad, multi-perspective approach – course content takes into account the broad range of methods, tools and techniques that can be used in impact assessment.
- Practical – participants have the opportunity to develop a research impact assessment plan for a programme relevant to their organisation.
- International – participants and faculty are from around the world.
- Quality instruction and content – experts from leading organisations around the world have collaborated to create and present the School material.